What to do in the area
- Walk along the the beaches
- Explore the rocky coastline and visit the cave at low tide.
- Explore Kassiesbaai
- Have a traditional meal in one of the fisherman's cottages. Reservations essential. Book at the Arniston Hotel.
- Visit the southernmost tip of Africa and the Cape Agulhas lighthouse.
Have lunch at the lighthouse or at one of the many restaurants in the L'Agulhas/Struisbaai area.
- Visit the historical town of Elim and take a stroll around the old Moravian church.
- Stroll through the village of Napier with it's restored original 19th century buildings. Visit Rose boats and toy museum.
- Bredasdorp, which is the closet town to Arniston, has various shops, banks and fuel stations.
- Visit the shipwreck museum.
- Walk up the Heuningberg.
- Browse in the gift/curio shops and have lunch at one of the many coffee shops.
Nearby nature reserves
- Pack a picnic basket and spend the day at De Hoop Nature reserve.
- Koppie Alleen is a great site for land based whale-watching.
- Visit De Mond nature reserve. Take a picnic basket.
Restaurants in and around Arniston
- The Arniston Hotel restaurant - restaurant and full bar.
- The Dunes at Arniston (2km outside Arniston) - conference centre, restaurant and full bar.
- Willene's - in Kassiesbaai - open daytime for light meals
- Wanda’s Restaurant. Eat in and take-away. Not licensed, take your own drinks.