Skip to content
What to do in Arniston
- Walk along the beaches.
- Swim, surf or snorkel in our beautiful sea.
- Walk, run or cycle the nature trails.
- Explore the rocky coastline and visit the cave at low tide.
- Explore Kassiesbaai
- Visit the Ginkgo Spa at the Arniston Spa Hotel.
- Have a traditional meal in one of the fisherman’s cottages.
What to do in Agulhas/Struisbaai
- Visit the southernmost tip of Africa and the Cape Agulhas Lighthouse. Have lunch at one of the many delightful restaurants in the L’Agulhas/Struisbaai area.
What to do in Elim
- Visit the historical town of Elim and take a stroll around the old Moravian church.
- See an old Working Watermill (in action).
What to do in Napier
- Stroll through the village of Napier with it’s restored original 19th-century buildings. Visit Rose boats and toy museum.
- Have breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the many top culinary eateries.
- Visit the Private Gallery Napier, located in the main street.
What to do in Bredasdorp
- Bredasdorp is the closest town to Arniston, has various shops, banks and fuel stations.
- Visit the shipwreck museum.
- Walk up the Heuningberg.
- Browse in the gift/curio shops and have lunch at one of the many coffee shops.
Nearby nature reserves
- Pack a picnic basket and spend the day at De Hoop Nature reserve.
- Koppie Alleen is a great site for land based whale-watching.
- Visit De Mond nature reserve. Take a picnic basket.
Restaurants in and around Arniston
- The Arniston Hotel restaurant – restaurant and full bar.
- The Dunes at Arniston (2km outside Arniston) – conference centre, restaurant and a full bar.
- Willene’s – in Kassiesbaai – open daytime for light meals
- Wanda’s Restaurant. Eat in and take-away. Not licensed, take your own drinks.
- Miens Tea Garden. Eat in and take-away. Not licensed