TERMS AND CONDITIONS
As a responsible property management and holiday rental agency, Arniston Holiday Letting will do everything possible to:
- add value to our homeowners,
- ensure a pleasant stay for guests, and
- Maintain good relationships with neighbours (Holiday Homes are situated in residential areas).
Therefore, right of admission to properties are reserved, and these Terms and Conditions are enforced strictly.
- Legal responsibility
the person making the reservation:
- Accepts full responsibility, in his/her personal capacity, for any losses, breakages or damages of any nature occurring to the Holiday Home, or the content thereof, during their stay.
- Agrees to convey these Terms and Conditions to all the members in his/her group, and
- Accepts the responsibility to ensure that all members adhere to the stipulations of these Terms and Conditions.
- Accepts that the number of people in Holiday Homes and number of vehicles are limited. The capacity of each house will reflect on your booking form and may not be exceeded.
All facilities are used at own risk. The owner or manager does not accept any liability or legal responsibility whatsoever for any damage, loss or injuries incurred as a result of utilising the facilities or any other injuries or damages visitors may suffer at this Holiday Home or on the property.
Right of admission to all properties is reserved. If any person misbehaves to the judgment of the manager, everyone in the groups has to leave the premises immediately on request of the manager, without a warning. In such an instance payments will not be refunded.
The following actions are considered as misbehaviour:
- Excessive noise and/or loud music – any time during the day or night
- If at any time there are more people on the premises than agreed to
- If any mattresses are brought into the holiday home or tents are pitched on the property
- Any commercial activity, team building, disco, birthday parties, school or after matric gathering, bachelor/hen parties and
- Any other action judged by the manager as misbehaviour.
When neighbours can hear the music or noise it is “excessive” or “loud”,
Should a guest be guilty of misbehaviour, to the judgment of the manager, the breakage deposit will not be refunded, even though no warning was issued, and
everyone in the group may be requested to leave the premises immediately, even though no warning was issued. If a group is perceived as a risk to the Holiday Home, Arniston Holiday Letting may decide to refuse entrance to the holiday home even at check-in stage. In such instances payments will not be refunded.
- Smoking: Please take note that smoking is not allowed in the holiday homes
- Pets: Only allowed at certain properties. Please inquire before bringing your pets.
- Respect to private property. No items are to be removed from the house.
- Breakage deposit
Key/breakage deposit is normally refunded within 10 business days after departure. The following will affect the refund:
- If there are any traces, signs or smells indicating that someone was smoking in the house, the deposit will not be refunded,
- If the manager becomes aware of any act of misbehaviour as defined above, the breakage deposit will not be refunded. This also applies to situations where the manager is informed of misbehaviour only after the guests have vacated the premises,
- If any item is missing, broken or damaged, the replacement value will be subtracted from the deposit. The responsible person should check the contents of the house at arrival and should notify the manager within one hour from arrival should any items be damaged,
- If there are stains on the linen, the linen will be replaced and the costs will be subtracted from the deposit. The following substances are likely to leave stains on linen (this may not be a full and complete list): Blood, mascara, make-up foundation, self-tanning or quick tanning lotion, suntan oils, tea, coffee, wine, cordials.
- Any cost incurred to rectify the Holiday Home after the stay will be subtracted from the breakage deposit, e.g. should extra heavy cleaning be required, or if excessive dirty dishes are left.
If the key/breakage deposit is not enough to cover damages or costs, the responsible person in terms of this agreement remains responsible, in his personal capacity, for costs.
- Rates and payments
- At some properties additional cleaning fees apply. A cleaning fee will be charged at all of the properties if the holiday home is left in a mess.
- An additional refundable breakage deposit applies per booking,
- In order to guarantee a reservation, 50% deposit must be received within 24 hours.
- Cheques are not accepted,
- Credit card payment facilities are available on site for balance of payment. A fee of 3% will be charged per transaction
Low-season: 2 May – 20 Sept
High-season: 14 Dec – 14 Jan & Easter weekend (at some properties high season rates apply from 1 Dec)
Mid-season: rest of year.
10. Cancellation policy:
All cancellations will incur a fee of 10% of the full booking amount.
Low & Mid-season:
Cancellation 7 days or less prior to arrival = 50% of accommodation fee.
No show = 100% of accommodation fee
Cancellation 90 days or less prior to arrival = 50% of accommodation fee
Cancellation 30 days or less prior to arrival = 100% of accommodation fee
11. Minimum stays
the following minimum stays apply:
Long weekends = Minimum 3 – 5 nights (depending on the length of the weekend)
December holidays = Minimum 7 nights, except if Christmas, as well as New Year, is booked, then the minimum is 10 nights.
A minimum of 2 nights is required for any other booking
12. Arrival & Departure
Check-in time: 15h00 – 18h00 unless otherwise stated.
Check-out time: 10h00. Later check-out by prior arrangement only
Arniston Holiday Letting does not have a 24 hour reception. Therefore, when guests are checking in after the stipulated time, prior arrangements for key collection must be made.
NO KEYS WILL BE HANDED OUT AFTER 21H00
13. General guidelines:
To make your holiday as pleasant as possible, it is good to arrive prepared. Keep these general guidelines in mind when preparing for your trip:
- Bath towels are provided at most of the properties. Please check when you make a reservation.
- Please bring your own beach towels.
- Linen is provided
- Dishwashing liquid, dish towels, two black bags and one toilet roll per toilet is supplied.
- Please bring your own coffee, tea, sugar, milk, spices, etc. No food is supplied.
- Please bring your own portable and/or hinged grids. Braais/barbecues only have a fixed grid.
- Please bring firewood.
Please note that there are no banks, fuel stations or shops in Arniston, except for one small general store supplying basic necessities.